Fast-growing sunspot complex 1161-1162 erupted on Feb. 18th, producing an M6.6-class solar flare.
The almost-X category blast was one of the strongest flares in years and continued the week-long trend of high solar activity.
NOAA forecasters estimate a 75% chance of more M-flares during the next 24 hours.
* Crowds defied army crackdowns to attend funerals of dead protesters
* Bahrain king must go, say mourners as five killed and 200 injured
* Violent suppression leads Britain to ban export of tear gas to Arab nation
* Statue of Gaddafi's Green Book crushed in symbolic rebellion
* Claims up to 50 now dead in Libya after helicopter gunships 'opened fire'
* Five dead in Yemen
* Mass turnout as Egypt celebrates 'week without Mubarak'
Twitter is the place to be .. send your tweets to M E if you want me to R T